Viral vector tools for chemogenetics
Creative Biolabs provides a comprehensive list of neural AAV viral tracing tools for chemogenetics.
1. Choose the right DREADDs receptor: Generally speaking, hM3Dq is selected for activating neurons and hM4Di for inhibiting neurons
2. The genetic information is delivered to the target cells by injecting the virus into the body
3. CNO administration and control neuronal activity by controlling the administration time of CNO
4. Receptor validity verification: use electrodes to record the voltage changes inside and outside the neuron cell membrane to verify the validity of the DREADDs receptor
5. Animal phenotype detection: confirm the effect of activating or inhibiting neuronal activity on experimental animals through experiments