NeuSPOT™ Peptide Array Technology Service
Peptide arrays are widely used tools in proteomics research for drug development and molecular interactions, including protein-protein and protein-peptide interaction studies. However, screening a large number of peptides based on current peptide synthesis technology can be challenging. At Creative Biolabs, we provide an innovative and flexible solution NeuSPOT™ technology, which allows the synthesis and screening of up to 10,000 peptides or peptide mixtures on the surface of cellulose or other membranes. NeuSPOT™ technology can be used for rapid assessment of cell adhesion and quantitative analysis of impairments to neuron expansion and connectivity.
The NeuSPOT™ technology can be applied to the following research areas of neuroscience.
- Cell-based bioassays
- Neural connectivity and cell adhesion
- Brain disease modeling
- Regenerative medicine
- iPSC-derived neurons
Pricinple of our NeuSPOT™ Technology Platform
NeuSPOT is a cell culture substrate coated with a series of adhesion promoting spots, which are locally absorbed on a thin layer of agarose that inhibits cell adhesion. By dropping nano-scale poly-D-lysine (PDL) or other extracellular matrix (ECM) onto agarose spin-coated glass substrates, spots with a diameter of 23 ± 5 μm can be deposited. This results in a stable biomaterial layer whose total thickness should be in the range of 20 nm to 300 nm. Through the comparative experiment of contrasting neurons, the optical images of primary or iPSC-derived neurons grown on NeuSPOT devices with different distances between points (40 μm to 100 μm) can be analyzed to identify defects in cell adhesion and connection ability. No need for fluorescent labeling or time-intensive morphological analysis of neurons.
- Suitable for the realization of simple optical imaging, analysis, and measurement of bioassay automation.
- Modular spot array design and flexible adhesion-promoting molecular selection, which can be used for specific bioassays.
- Stable biomaterial layer, suitable for harsh cell culture and measurement conditions.
Being also flexible, a variety of bioassays can be designed based on NeuSPOT™.
- Assess the pathological or normal phenotype of reprogrammed human neurons.
- Assess the ability of cells (such as cancer cells or stem cells) to adhere to a specific ECM matrix.
- Screen genes related to brain diseases for disease modeling.
- Preclinical bioassays to develop rescue strategies.
- Regenerative medicine.
If you are interested in our services, please send an email to contact us, and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.