DMD In Vitro Assay
Creative Biolabs is at the forefront of scientific innovation, committed to providing cutting-edge solutions in the field of neuroscience. Our expertise spans over two decades and delve into the world of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) and the pivotal role of In Vitro assays service in advancing drug discovery for this devastating disease.
Our DMD Assay Models
To effectively address the complexities of DMD, it is essential to employ a diverse range of In Vitro assay models. These models serve as valuable tools for understanding disease mechanisms, identifying potential drug targets, and evaluating the therapeutic potential of novel compounds. Our commonly used assay models in DMD research include:
- DMD Primary Cell Lines: These cell lines offer the advantage of capturing the genetic background and cellular context specific to DMD, allowing for a more accurate representation of the disease In Vitro. Additionally, they enable the assessment of various disease-relevant parameters, such as dystrophin expression levels and muscle cell functionality.
- DMD Patient-Derived Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (hiPSCs): By reprogramming somatic cells, such as skin fibroblasts or blood cells, into a pluripotent state, hiPSCs can be differentiated into disease-relevant cell types, including myoblasts and cardiomyocytes. These hiPSC-derived cells offer a human-specific platform to study disease pathogenesis and evaluate potential therapeutics with higher translational relevance.
DMD In Vitro Assays Readouts
Our DMD assays can provide important readouts or measurements that help researchers understand the underlying mechanisms of DMD and evaluate potential therapeutic interventions. Here are some common readouts used in DMD In Vitro assays:
- Cell viability analysis: Assessing the survival of cells under specific conditions or treatments.
- Myotube formation analysis: Myoblast differentiation and the ability of muscle cells to fuse and form mature muscle fibers.
- Creatine kinase (CK) release analysis: Measuring the release of CK, an enzyme indicative of muscle damage.
- Contractile function analysis: Assessing muscle strength, endurance, and contractile kinetics.
- Dystrophin expression analysis: Measuring the levels of dystrophin protein, which is deficient in DMD.
- Inflammatory markers analysis: Measuring the expression of markers associated with inflammation in muscle tissue.
Highlight Platform iDMD™: Modeling DMD hiPSC-Derived Myoblast (iMyob™)
One of our most promising models is the DMD patient hiPSC-derived myoblasts. This approach allows researchers to examine the disease at a cellular level and develop potential treatments. These hiPSC-derived myoblasts can also be genetically engineered to carry disease-specific mutations, allowing researchers to study the impact of different mutations and evaluate the efficacy of potential therapeutics.
Options for Using Our iDMD™
Creative Biolabs provides flexible options for utilizing our iDMD™ products:
Order iDMD™ products for use in your lab
If you are interested in ordering iDMD™ and perform the assay in your lab, we offer a convenient and flexible supply of DMD cell models. For donor-derived cell models, we have regular batch releases every 4-6 weeks. For immortalized and gene edited cells models, we tailor the cell models according to your specific needs and specifications.
Outsource your experiments to us
We provide a fast and reliable service that includes collaborative experiment design to address your specific inquiries, delivering results within a timeframe of 2 months. Please contact us today to explore the potential for collaboration with our organization.
|iMyob™ Human iPSC-derived Myoblast, DMD Patient
|iCM™ Human iPSC-derived Cardiomyocytes, DMD Patient
|iMyob™ Human iPSC-derived Myoblast, Immortalized
|iCM™ Human iPSC-derived Cardiomyocytes, Immortalized
|iDMD™ Human iPSC-derived Myoblast, DMDΔ52 Deletion
|iDMD™ Human iPSC-derived Myoblast, UTRN Deletion