Neural Organoid Activity Assay
Neural organoids derived from human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) and human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs) recapitulate unique features of human neural development and are increasingly being used as model systems to gain new insights into a variety of neurological diseases. Organoids represent a notable advance in the toolkit available for understanding human brain function and disease mechanisms. Neural organoids are effective tools in the evaluation of the efficacy of drugs in clinical trials in ameliorating neurological disease. Creative Biolabs has mature and complete experimental equipment and an experienced research team to provide you with neural organoids activity assay service at all times.
The Necessity of Analysis of the Activity of Neural Organoids
The diverse functions of the human brain depend not only on its stereotyped anatomical structure but also on the establishment and function of neural networks. Indeed, errors in the formation of these circuits or damage after their development are thought to underlie many neurological diseases ranging from autism and depression disorders to epilepsy and Alzheimer's disease (AD). When neural organoids are used to study neurological diseases, reliably assessing network activity becomes especially critical in situations in which there is a clear clinical disease but no overt structural brain abnormality.
Neural Organoid Activity Assay Service
There is evidence of the enhanced organizational complexity of neural organoids relative to other in vitro systems, the presence of sophisticated neural network activities has been demonstrated in live whole-organoid preparations. Creative Biolabs has developed an excellent platform for recording and characterizing the neural organoids network activity.
Our services include but are not limited to
For disease organoids models
- Detection of NGF-like activity in AD organoids model.
- Analysis of neural activity in stroke organoids model.
- Detection of activation in acute brain injury organoids model.
- Monitoring of peripheral nerve conduction activity in a diabetic organoid model
- Analysis of motor neuron activity in an organoids model of Parkinson's disease(PD).
- Recording of changes in oscillatory activity during resting periods.
- Description of responses to event-related potentials and stimulus-induced oscillatory cognitive or motor tasks.
- Detection of connections between functional brain regions.
- Capture of signal change.
Fig. 1 Oscillatory activity of local field potentials measured from neural organoids, original traces (left) and spectrogram (right). (Samarasinghe, et al., 2021)
In addition to the above, we also provide our global clients with customized organoid activity assay services, our top research team will make the most suitable experimental plan and provide excellent service according to your project. We also provide 3D neural organoid model development service, if you are interested in our service, please feel free to contact us.
- Samarasinghe, R.A.; et al. Identification of neural oscillations and epileptiform changes in human brain organoids. Nature neuroscience. 2021, 24(10): 1488-1500.