Branches of Neuroscience
Overview of Neuroscience
A fundamental goal of neuroscience is to understand how the brain generates thought and action. The brain is the single most complex biological entity known to humankind, making it exceptionally difficult to study. Over the past century or so, herculean efforts have been made to better understand how the nervous system’s structure gives rise to its function. The definition of neuroscience refers to anything to do with the nervous system. In the classification of neuroscience, due to it intersects with multiple disciplines, the classification is based on research areas and subjects of study. The disciplines neuroscience intersects are very numerous, except for a few branches of biology such as cellular neuroscience, clinical neuroscience, molecular neuroscience, behavioral neuroscience, neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, etc., many other disciplines like engineering, chemistry, psychology, mathematics, philosophy, computer science, medicine, and even linguistics are all intersected disciplines neuroscientists now involved in.
- Neurophysiology focus on the relationship between the brain and its functions. The improvement of neuroscience techniques makes neurophysiology got a lot of attention.
- Neuroanatomy is based on the anatomy of the nervous system.
- Neuropharmacology is the study based on the pharmacology of neurological disease.
- Behavioral Neuroscience focuses on how the brain affects behavior and uses biological principles to study the developmental mechanisms of behavior.
- Developmental Neuroscience is a study that focuses on the generation of the nervous system and looking for the underlying mechanisms.
- Cognitive Neuroscience developed by the study of higher cognitive functions that exist in humans, and their underlying neural bases.
- Systems Neuroscience is the study pursuing the CNS (central nervous system) and its functions.
- Molecular Neuroscience focuses on the roles molecular playing in the neuro system.
- Computational Neuroscience is a branch trying to uncover the way brains compute by computational fields.
- Neurophilosophy is based on the intersects of philosophy and neuroscience. It focuses on a philosophical way to clarify the method and results of neuroscience rigorously.
- Neurology focus on the pathology, diagnostics, therapy of nervous and mental diseases.
- Neuropsychology is based on the intersects of psychology and neuroscience. It is widely applied in the medical domain.
- Neuroevolution is a discipline working on how the nervous system evolute and its underlying mechanism.
Creative Biolabs has extensive experience in neuro research and has a team of excellent professional specialists focusing on this field for years. In addition, advanced facilities also become one of the strong guarantees of our services. We have always been committed to the provide customers with the best quality service down-to-earth.
If you are interested in any kinds of neuro-based research or have any other questions about our services, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.