Branches of Neuroscience
Overview of Neuroscience
A fundamental goal of neuroscience is to understand how the brain generates thought and action. The brain is the single most complex biological entity known to humankind, making it exceptionally difficult to study. Over the past century or so, herculean efforts have been made to better understand how the nervous system’s structure gives rise to its function. The definition of neuroscience refers to anything to do with the nervous system. Due to its intersecting with multiple disciplines, the classification of neuroscience is based on research areas and subjects of study. Neuroscience intersects with numerous disciplines. Besides branches of biology, many other disciplines, such as engineering, chemistry, psychology, and even linguistics are now involved.
- Neurophysiology focuses on the relationship of the brain and its functions. The improvement of neuroscience techniques brings a lot of attention to neurophysiology.
- Neuroanatomy is based on the anatomy of the nervous system.
- Neuropharmacology is the study based on the pharmacology of neurological disease.
- Behavioral Neuroscience focuses on how the brain affects behavior and studies the developmental mechanisms of behavior using biological principles.
- Developmental Neuroscience is a study focusing on the generation of the nervous system and the underlying mechanisms.
- Cognitive Neuroscience studies the higher cognitive functions existing in humans and their underlying neural bases.
- Systems Neuroscience is the study pursuing the CNS (central nervous system) and its functions.
- Molecular Neuroscience focuses on the roles that molecules play in the neuro system.
- Computational Neuroscience is a branch trying to uncover how brain computes by employsing mathematical models, theoretical analysis and abstractions of the brain.
- Neurophilosophy focuses on rigorously clarifying the method and results of neuroscience in a philosophical way.
- Neurology focuses on the pathology, diagnostics, therapy of nervous and mental diseases.
- Neuropsychology is based on the intersection of psychology and neuroscience and widely applied in medicine.
- Neuroevolution is a discipline working on how the nervous system evolute and its underlying mechanism.
Creative Biolabs has extensive experience in neuro research and a team of excellent professional specialists focusing on this field for years. In addition, advanced facilities also become one of the strong guarantees of our services. We have always been committed to providing world-wide customers with superior services.
If you are interested in any kinds of neuro-based research or have any other questions about our services, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.